Marine Claims Field Inspector
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is seeking Marine Claims Field Inspector!
Marine industry professional/Boat Mechanic/Repairer, Military Mechanics: Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard; this is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills to a new civilian career!
No military experience? No problem! We have found success training individuals from a variety of mechanical backgrounds including: Marine * Automotive* Diesel* Aircraft*
New England region
Great Lakes region
Houston, TX region
Dallas, TX region
Melbourne, FL region
Miami, FL region
The position will include travel for daily assignments within the geographic region of hire and will be home-based. Occasional extended travel may be required in certain circumstances.
• Complete field inspections of boats to determine and document the cause, nature and extent of loss related damages
• Provide written reports with photos and a damage appraisal documenting the cost of repairs to in-house adjusting staff
• Assist our training team to further develop technical training for our in-house adjusting staff
• Assist with other ongoing company and department initiatives related to marine industry skills and experience
• Minimum Education of High School Diploma or equivalent
• Prior repair and/or estimating experience
• Ability to communicate professionally in person and by phone with insureds, claimants and repairers
• Ability to independently drive to and from inspection sites, safely board and disembark vessels on land or in the water
• Ability to resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution
• Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and with remote supervision, strong organization, priority setting and multitasking skills
• Ability to document files in clear and concise manner
• Computer and typing proficiency, excellent customer service skills
• Already have or be able to obtain and maintain independent adjusters license
• College Degree
• Prior Marine Insurance Claims experience
• Prior marine specific repair and/or estimating
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an equal opportunity employer. BoatU.S. conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply:
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email FieldTech@BoatUS.com your resume, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.