- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an System Administrator for our Headquarters Office in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Establishes web system performance specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure
• Maintains web system performance by preforming system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
• Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, and analysis, monitoring, control, and evaluation
• Troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems
• Ensures there are back-ups for all website content, software, and applications
• Ensure functionally and site responsiveness; evaluate web analytics
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/CIS/Web Administration or 4 years of experience
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
• Experience with IIS
• Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with Oracle or SQL Server databases
• Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of internet technologies such as DNS, TLS, certificate management
• Understanding and familiarity with programming languages such as C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell
• Experience with SiteCore, Azure
• Experience with Active Directory, SharePoint
• Knowledge of .Net development
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com, your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.