View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Nimble
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Nimble
Subject Topic: Contacts for Nimble Boats Post ReplyPost New Topic
2 Pages 1 2
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
captainken7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2010 at 06:57 | IP Logged Quote captainken7

I have tried to contact Nimble boats several times in the last few days and they don't return my calls. Is this their normal service? I really like the looks of the Nomad and think it would meet my boating needs. If I can't buy new I will look for used I want it for the ICW in NC

Back to Top Printable version View captainken7's Profile Search for other posts by captainken7

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 29 2010 at 11:01 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Captainken7

I am also looking for info on the nimble boats. I think the nomad would be great for crusing the Erie canal in my back yard.

Back to Top Printable version View baysidejoe's Profile Search for other posts by baysidejoe

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 03 2010 at 13:37 | IP Logged Quote melody

I just got back from the Erie canal on a Nomad and want to look at/try the Kodiak, I also cannot get an email answered, what gives???  Melody
Back to Top Printable version View melody's Profile Search for other posts by melody

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 05 2010 at 20:41 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Melody,

I have tried several venues and can only come up with used Nimbles. I do not believe anyone is trying to continue the boat line since the past owner died.

Baysidejoe

Back to Top Printable version View baysidejoe's Profile Search for other posts by baysidejoe

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 17 2010 at 11:36 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Hey guy, Its me (jim palmer) the guy who's Nomad is on Nimble's web site. About Nimble not answering, they recently changed their number and you may have their old number - Try 813-601-8101. When they are laying up fiberglass, it is all hands on deck and sometimes Ken McCleave cant answer because he gets out there with them. The video of Boomer is out dated now - you should just see all the mods I have made. The list is too long to tell. Great boat! Had it since '07 and still luv'n it. I would post a picture but I can't figure out how.

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:05 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Here is a pic of Boomer with an illustration of the generator cover being fabricated by the Nimble Co. for me.

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 17 2010 at 12:13 | IP Logged Quote melody

Do you have a new telephone number
Back to Top Printable version View melody's Profile Search for other posts by melody

rivercruz
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 20 2010 at 18:40 | IP Logged Quote rivercruz

This from another Erie Canaller... Is anyone aware of Nomads on the Erie/Champlain?  I'd love to get a look at one in person since I'm thinking of trading my old 32' twin gas hog for something light and trailerable. 

Pretty sure we had one staying for the summer at our club in Rexford a couple years back, but I didn't pay close enough attention at the time.

Back to Top Printable version View rivercruz's Profile Search for other posts by rivercruz

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 20 2010 at 19:18 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

There is a guy who rents one out on the Erie Canal during the summer. I think his link is www.cruise-usa.com.

You can go to <link removed> and get a pretty good look at my Nomad.

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 19 2013 at 16:36
Back to Top Printable version View JIM PALMER's Profile Search for other posts by JIM PALMER

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 20 2010 at 19:25 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Here is a little mod I did to my boat. The original engine cover just took up too much room.

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 21 2010 at 11:26 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Rivercruz

Cruise-usa was based out Cayuga Lake Campground and Marina at the north end of Cayuga Lake. I live a few miles from there, and have stopped by to take a closer look myself, but have not yet been able to connect. I am thinking about a camper enclosure on my Avalon toon. My 50 hp Yamaha four stroke bearly sips gas when we are crusing. It may not be a nomad but I think we could handle it with a few creature comforts.

Jim Palmer, I like what you did with the engine cover. A small removable table would be nice to sit your cocktails on....

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 21 2010 at 18:54 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

GOOD IDEA! All I would have to do is to install a pedistal base for my galley table and then just unplug it from inside and plug it in outside. I'll look into it.

captainken7
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 23 2010 at 22:10 | IP Logged Quote captainken7

I will try the # I really like the looks and size/trailerability of this boat

Back to Top Printable version View captainken7's Profile Search for other posts by captainken7

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: September 24 2010 at 11:13 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

I have emailed the factory owner that captainken7 & iamobama might be contacting him about the Nomad. His personal email address is okemailmelater@gmail.com. Feel free to contact him. He is really a great down to earth kind of guy.

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 07 2010 at 17:34 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Hey Jim are they still in the Tampa area?

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: October 07 2010 at 23:01 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Yah, they just moved down the street about a mile. Watch for an article on Boomer that is coming out in a month or so in Soundings magazine.

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 08 2010 at 13:17 | IP Logged Quote melody

Thanks so much for the info.  My husband and I really want to charter a Kodiak for two -three weeks next summer along the Erie Canal     any ideas

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 08 2010 at 15:05 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Melody,

I don't know of any kodiak's being chartered. But if you find something let me know. I started a Thread on iboats forum (pontoons on the Erie Canal) and have been getting a few people interested. Check it out, maybe it will spark your interest.

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: October 11 2010 at 15:36 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Isn't the Kodiak a sail boat? Would there be enough open water to operate a sail boat on the Erie? There is a Nomad that is chartered there but I don't know of a Kodiak anywhere for rent. Check out my Nomad on youtebe.com > movieolaman > boomer

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2010 at 08:02 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

I believe your right Jim the Kodiak is a sail boat. The Erie canal has average depth of about 12 feet in the main channel. I see Sail boats with fixed keel traveling the canal all the time. A lot of sail across Lake Ontario to Oswego, drop their mast and then motor thru the canal heading to Albany and south of the Hudson. When I am running errands in Oswego and see a boat tied to the wall, I will sometimes stop visit. Most of them have made the trip before. There was one couple I stopped to visit with on their first trip thru from Toronto. I'm glad I did stop. They had broken something of their rigging. I offer to drive them to Syracuse and get the part from a sail shop. They could not believe I would drive them 80 miles round trip. Made some new friends that day.

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2010 at 19:34 | IP Logged Quote melody

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 12 2010 at 19:36 | IP Logged Quote melody

the kodiak can be motor sailer or just power.   would love to find one (power)  enjoyed the nomad but a bit small

baysidejoe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 13 2010 at 15:30 | IP Logged Quote baysidejoe

Melody,

You are right they do make trawler version of the Kodiak and Wanderer. (Sorry brain malfunction). I see that there a lot of room in either model. Used seem hard to find. Not sure how pricey the new ones are.

Good luck

Dubraque
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 23 2010 at 10:08 | IP Logged Quote Dubraque

Re: Contacts
The factory rep for Nimble Boats in our area is Cliff
Stoneburner who at one time sold Nimbles at Annapolis.
Saw him at this past Annapolis Boat Show where he was
showing a 2002 Nomad loaded with everything from
autopilot to bow thruster ( think he had a $49K price on it).
Nimble is thinking of a slightly larger version of the nomad,
an extra 2 feet in the cabin and an extra two in the aft
cockpit. The will continue to produce the 25' version. As I
understand it, Ted Brewer has already designed the longer
version. BTW, Cliff was instrumental in finding High Cotton
for us last fall, drive us up to Philly to see her, and made
all necessary arrangements (repairs and such) for us. He
can be reached at nimbleboatrep@comcast.net, at
240.447.0202, or at 6200 Candle Ct, Sykesville, MD 21784.

94 Nomad, Hull #55
Back to Top Printable version View Dubraque's Profile Search for other posts by Dubraque

melody
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 23 2010 at 12:23 | IP Logged Quote melody

thank you so much.  that is the most and best information I have received since starting this search.    I will contact this fellow and post my findings.  thanks again to all who have responded

biosca
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 24 2010 at 20:22 | IP Logged Quote biosca

Hi Mr. Palmer
Your solution and design for the engine cover looks
very good!.Are you able to displace it so that you can
tilt the engine?
Again,really enjoyed you video on Boomer.Great work.

Best regards. Emilio

Nomad owner.Hull 131
Jubilant
Ar Colonial Beach Va.

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: October 24 2010 at 23:30 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Yes the engine can tilt all the way up by pulling the pins on the hinges and completely removing the cover. This gives you total access to the engine and prop (which I have needed more than once). I designed the cover so it could tilt with out removing the pins but I located the hinges too close to the middle. If I had mounted them more outboard toward the edges, the cover would have filpped open like a Zippo. As it is now, the bottom of the cover strikes the new engine mount. I will fix this little problem some time in the future. The only real problem is that you can not trim the engine much but I have not noticed any loss in performance or adverse  boat angle due to lack of trim. Did I include a picture of the engine mount I constructed that extended the transom back 4"?

My new seats are at the upholster and I am suppose to pick them up middle of this week. I am putting a 1500w heater under the captain's side. This along with a 1500w heater strip in the AC unit should keep me toasty warm all winter.

Do I have you in my email? bigangel@bellsouth.net

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: November 09 2010 at 14:41 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Just got my new seats in. Can't wait to work them. Elec. heat under the captain's side. They look really great. They are big enough for even me. I will post pictures when I get them installed.  jim palmer

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: November 12 2010 at 17:47 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

youtube>movieolaman>boomer

Edited by JIM PALMER on November 21 2010 at 15:15

biosca
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 12 2010 at 18:42 | IP Logged Quote biosca

Thank you Jim,for sharing this new info.Our capt. seat
looks similar and was factory installed and raised about
6 inches.Stereo controls are under.However,you space
is better utilized.
As I mentioned,your engine cover is most interesting,
how can I get one of these?.Was it constructed by Nimble?
Best Regards.Emilio

By the way,my Nomad hull # is 130,not 131.

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: November 12 2010 at 19:21 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Its all about utilizing space isn't it. Thanks for the come-back. I build everything myself including the engine cover and transom extension that enabled me to move the engine back 4 inches. Unfortunately the mold I constructed for the engine cover was destroyed in removing the first casting. Nimble has expressed interest in duplicating it but I am afraid that it might get damaged and I certainly do not want to go through all the work again that this required . Some good news is that Nimble is making a mold (some day) of the generator cover I designed. It should be available after the first of the year and will house a Honda EU3000. The attached picture is a photoshopped version of the plug I constructed for the mold.

Edited by JIM PALMER on November 21 2010 at 14:59

microship
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 30 2010 at 12:11 | IP Logged Quote microship

hello Jim

i am a new nimble owner, and i have been working on some improvements in my nimble. i like your enthusiasm about the boat, i am pretty exited too. i have a 1991 with a 45 honda. i made myself some improvements too and i will send some pics soon. a question i have for you is that of the ac and genset in the roof isnt it heavy? doesnt it make the boat more top heavy? wouldnt that weight make it easier to the boat to rock in litlle wake?

i live in ft lauderdale and use it in the ICW and every little wake from pasing boats make my boat rock from side to side. so everything i add i try to distribute the weight and make it as low as posible. my genset is a portable and i storage it in the aft comparment.

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Back to Top Printable version View microship's Profile Search for other posts by microship

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: November 30 2010 at 13:04 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

The rocking is caused from the shape and width of the hull. You can redistribute weigh from now on and the boat is still going to rock. The all up weight of the gen/AC on the roof is just a little over 150 lbs or about the weight of a single person. What you have to worry about from putting additional weight on the roof is raising the center of gravity. If you get the "cg" too high, you run the risk of capsizing when the boat tilts beyond a certain point. You can counter this by putting addtitional weight as low and as centered in the hull as possible. I have run tests with 2 200 lb men of the roof with no adverse roll effect. But just to be on the safe side, I added two additional batteries in the space under the rear step. This reduced the equilivent roof weight to only about 50 lbs. Also, when you consider that I have added another 30 lbs or so in water heater and cabinet lockers at or below floor level, the weight on the roof is virtually neturalized.

As long as you dive a Nomad, you are going to have to put up with the rocking because every boat on the water is going to zoom past to get a closer look at your unique boat. About all you can do is to cut into the waves and ride it out.

I will be glad to help any way I can as you "personalize" your Nomad and I always like to see what others are doing. You can reach me at bigangel@bellsouth.net

jim

PS: Pick up the Dec. issue of Soundings magazine becausse the is a full page article in it on my boat. 

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: December 01 2010 at 18:14 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

Here is the latest mod to Boomer.

Note the two drawer footlocker in front of the helm station. Also notice the two breakers in the lower center of the pannel. These are 20amp for heater & AC. jim palmer

Edited by JIM PALMER on December 01 2010 at 18:20

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: December 01 2010 at 18:16 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: December 01 2010 at 18:17 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

In this pic, notice the shoe molding at the base of the wall. I had to do this all the way around the boat because of some very poor cutting of an after market teak& holly soul

Edited by JIM PALMER on December 01 2010 at 18:32

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: December 01 2010 at 18:18 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

JIM PALMER
"Seaman"

Posted: December 01 2010 at 19:11 | IP Logged Quote JIM PALMER

microship
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 20 2010 at 14:17 | IP Logged Quote microship

hi Jim

I wanted to see if by chance you had a pic of the engine mount and the rear of the cover that you made. i reaaly need to do something with my engine cover and i am looking for ideas. i have wrote to the nimble factory but it seems like they dont check their emails.

thanks

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Back to Top Printable version View microship's Profile Search for other posts by microship

microship
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 20 2010 at 14:18 | IP Logged Quote microship

by the way jim

you seat and cabinets look amazing

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

]
] ]
2 Pages 1 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version