Get a Quote 800-283-2883 | File a Claim 800-397-1937
Our Claims Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you require emergency assistance, please contact us immediately at 800 937-1937.
In the event of an accident, you should immediately:
- See to the welfare of any injured people.
- Do not discuss fault or cause with anyone.
- Notify the local marine authorities.
- Report the accident to BoatUS Claims.
Easily report your claim online at BoatUS.com/Account. If you need to request dispatch of salvage, pollution containment or other expert resources, call 800-937-1937.
We'll take the information about your accident over the phone, then ask you to get an estimate from the repair facility of your choice and send it to us, by mail or fax. Our fax number is 703-461-2843.
Named Storm Haul Out Coverage:
All BoatUS Marine Insurance Program policies receive Named Storm haul out reimbursement. When your boat is in the path of a NOAA Named Storm (within the "cone"), you are eligible for 50% of the cost of labor, up to $1,000 to have your boat professionally hauled or prepared. BoatUS identifies professionals to include Marina Personnel, Paid Captains, Dock Masters or Marine Surveyors.
To file a claim for reimbursement, you may begin the process online by clicking here, selecting "Hurricane Haul out" as the cause of loss. If you have not previously registered, you will need your policy number.
For tips on preparing your boat and the latest information on active storms, visit the BoatUS Hurricane Resources Site.
BoatUS hopes you and your family stay safe during these weather events.
Overview of Claims Process
Reporting Damage to your boat and/or trailer
- First and most important is to take all necessary steps to protect the boat from further damage.
- Report your loss to BoatUS either online or by phone at 800-937-1937.
- Your claim will be assigned to an adjuster who will contact you with specific information on what is needed for your claim.
Reporting a boating accident with an injury or damage to another person's property
- See to the safety and welfare of any injured person.
- Do not admit liability or make any promises to another party.
- Report your loss to BoatUS and the local authorities (if required by law).
We will gather the facts of the loss. We will ask you for an estimate from your chosen repair facility. That estimate should show a breakdown of parts and labor. We may ask you for a written statement of what happened, a list of property lost or damaged, witness information, or a diagram of how the loss occurred depending on the claim.
Settling a claim for damage to your boat and/or trailer
- Your claim will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Once coverage is determined, and all information is received, payment is made to you and any lien holder shown on the policy declarations page.
- You, as the boat owner, are the only one who can authorize repairs to your boat and/or trailer. However, we recommend that you wait until we approve the estimate so you know exactly what is covered by your policy.
Settling a claim for a boating accident with an injury or damage to another person's property
- We will investigate the claim and your liability to the other person(s) will be determined if the claim involves an injury or damage to another person's property.
- Once coverage has been verified, and based on your degree of liability (negligence), settlement is offered to the third party subject to receipt of an executed release. This release protects you from any further claim arising out of this accident. Once the executed release form is received, payment is made to the third party.
- You should not admit liability, fault or responsibility to anyone. Doing so could jeopardize coverage.
The claim is closed upon completion of the investigation, settlement is made and payments are sent.
For a quote, visit our Online Application or call 800-283-2883 for personal service.
All coverage is subject to terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the policy. Boat and PWC policies are underwritten by GEICO Marine Insurance Company with administrative offices at 5323 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22151. GEICO Marine Insurance Company carries an AM Best Rating of A+ (Superior) and is domiciled in Chevy Chase, MD. Coverage offered in all 50 states to boat owners with a U.S. address. In California, the program is provided through Boat Association Insurance Services, license #0H87086. Learn more about the relationship between BoatUS and GEICO.