Enter your best boating shots to win a prize! Various categories to choose from, but each photo must contain a boat or be set on a boat.
2023 BoatUS Magazine Photo contest runs 12 am ET, June 25, 2022 to 11:59 pm ET, October 23, 2022.
Entries will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, and subject matter relevance.
One winner in each of the five categories will receive:
- ACR Survival Kit (Value: $399.95)
- One-year BoatUS Unlimited Saltwater Towing Membership (Value: $165)
- BoatUS logo swag (Value: $25)
Each submission must fall into one of the following judging categories:
- Scenic Boating Shots (boats as part of a landscape or of a landscape taken from a boat)
- Boating Lifestyle (people in & around boats, including portraits)
- Action/Watersports (depicting action happening on or around boats)
- Art Photography (image may be manipulated)
- Cover Photo (images must be photographed or cropped vertically; may include manipulated/multiple images)
Photo entries in all categories EXCEPT Cover Photo must be a minimum of 5x7 inches at 300 dpi (print resolution). Cover Photo entries must be photographed or cropped in vertical orientation and be a minimum of 9x12 inches at 300 dpi.
Entries are limited to two (2) photos per photographer in each judging category, up to a maximum of ten (10) photos total. Photos may not be entered in more than one category, with the exception of Cover Photo, provided it meets the criteria above. Each photo must be submitted separately.
Winners will be notified no later than November 30, 2022, and the winning photos along with those of finalists will appear in the February/March 2023 issue of BoatUS Magazine.