Senior Marine Insurance Underwriter
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Seaworthy Insurance is currently seeking a results oriented, experienced relationship driven Super Yacht Insurance Underwriter with an extensive knowledge of large yacht insurance products with unique needs and issues. This unique individual must have at least 5 years Marine Insurance experience underwriting yachts that are >2.5 Million in value and >24 meters in length. Ability to enhance relationships with agents and brokers through networking, social media and traditional marketing resources.
* Promotes services by actively seeking opportunities to engage agent and Marine related groups, and by networking within the Marine Industry to remain current on all pertinent aspects effecting business results.
* Actively participates in continuous improvement by generating suggestings, following appropriate procedures and participating in problem solving activities.
* Performs underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote Marine Insurance risks.
* Build and enhance established agency and broker relationships through strategic marketing including marine industry events.
* Provide outstanding customer service to agents and brokers ensuring timely policy service.
* Ensure underwriting quality on complex Marine Insurance risks.
* Focus on underwriting, growth and retention of new and renewal business that is consistent with business strategies.
* Use of SimpleSolve underwriting program in underwriting risks and developing appropriate premiums.
* Agency visits to establish and grow relationships including presence at industry events, including overnight travel.
* Five or more years of Marine Insurance Underwriting of yachts >2.5 Million in value and >24 meters in length.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Marine Insurance Underwriting.
* Established relationships with solid large yacht agents and brokers.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet and other spreadsheet applications and programs.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and written.
* Proven history of maintaining established agent and broker relationships through providing excellent service.
* Must have strong analytical, decision making, problem-solving, presentation and teamwork skills.
* Prior underwriting and marketing experience with independent agents and brokers.
Come join a growing company with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people that will keep you motivated. We are committed to an environment that will challenge and help grow your career. Boat American Corporation offers a competitive benefits package and generous 401(k) match.