Facilities Building Assistant
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Facilities Building Assistant for our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Training/Education in multiple areas of Facilities Department
• Perform minor maintenance and building repairs/plumbing
• Perform basic office box moves
• Assist with maintenance of grounds and ice control
• Washing/maintaining company vehicles
• Respond to service calls and emails
• Assist with company events and activities
• High School Diploma
• Basic Computer skills
• Clean Driving Record
• Ability to Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Willing to travel and work in inclement weather
• Prior Building Maintenance Experience Helpful
• Prior Customer Service Experience Preferred
• Can Do Attitude
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRLaurie@Boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.