- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an energetic and motivated Recruiter for our office in Alexandria, VA.
The responsibilities will include:
• Full-cycle recruiting within BoatUS Core Metric guidelines
• Effectively communicating with management regarding candidates and recruiting timelines
• Accurately posting positions on job boards (Indeed, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, etc.) in a timely manner
• Recruiting at local Career & College Job Fairs
• Selecting and screening qualified candidates according to company policies & procedures – includes documentation and recording candidate correspondence
• Actively participating in planning and hosting company events for staff multiple times a year
• Assist with monthly internal newsletter and other projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree – Human Resources or Business degree preferred
• 5+ years of office experience
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word & Excel)
• Effective communication skills (oral & written)
• Portray a professional image
• High degree of organizational skills & attention to detail
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must by highly coachable – thriving under challenging environment
• 1 -2 years Human Resource experience preferred
• Previous recruiting experience
• Knowledge of Employment Laws
• PHR Certification
• Previous experience I metric-based or goal-oriented environment
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Geico Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.