Government Affairs Intern
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Job Duties & Responsibilities
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Government Affairs Intern at our Alexandria, Virginia location. Government Affairs works to ensure that boating remains an affordable, available recreation for our Members and the nation’s boaters by reducing “hassle factors” and assuring future regulations and government policies are boating-friendly.
In this role you will:
• Learn boating policy issues and public policy process
• Monitor Federal Register and Congressional Record & other news sources for boating related material
• Research projects as assigned
• Update Government Affairs web pages
• Attend and report on hearings and briefings of interest to boaters
• Undergraduate Student with a major in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications or a Government Major.
• Strong written communications skills
• Basic Computer/Web Skills
• Research skills
• Boating experience
• Campaign experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Geico Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HREden@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.