More About BoatUS
Since 1966 BoatUS has been providing savings, service and representation to millions of boat owners nationwide.
Today BoatUS is the nation's most powerful advocate for advancing the interests of boaters and the single source for meeting boaters’ needs.
With over half a million dues-paying Members, BoatUS is the largest national organization of recreational boat owners.
BoatUS provides a vast array of boating-related services:
- Representing boaters’ interests on Capitol Hill
- Insuring over $9 billion worth of boats
- Operating the largest on-the-water towing fleet in the country
- Operating a 24-hour emergency dispatch center
- Publishing the most widely circulated boating magazine – over half million subscribers
- Serving as an educator on marine safety and environmental issues
- Providing mediation services for Members through our Consumer Protection Bureau
“We are Member Service” is a phrase you hear a lot at BoatUS. Although our employees work in different locations, departments and roles, we have one common goal – Member Service! Achieving this goal takes both individual and team effort from over 350 employees. Our success can be attributed to a rich tradition of providing Members with prompt and courteous service.
Our Headquarters, located in Alexandria, Virginia, is home base for most of our employees. Located here are our Marine Insurance, Membership, Towing Services, Public Affairs, Boat Finance, Creative Services, Consumer Protection Bureau, Finance, IT, Internet Operations and Human Resources Departments.
Our Foundation for Boating Safety and Clean Water is housed both in our Headquarters location and a satellite office in Annapolis, Maryland where specialists administer our various programs devoted to safe boating and clean water.
Our Florida Service Center, located in Jacksonville, Florida handles claims for insureds in Florida and a number of other states as well as insurance services and towing dispatch.
Our regional office in Costa Mesa, California is home to Vessel Assist, a BoatUS subsidiary which provides 24-hour emergency dispatch and insurance services to our Members.