Assistant Claims Adjusters
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is interviewing for full-time Assistant Claims Adjusters to work at our Springfield, VA office.
We are hiring for an April 8, 2019, start date
Boaters and nonboaters are encouraged to apply!
Starting annualized salary is $47,574.15.
Future salary increases, promotions and career growth available based on attendance and performance.
The primary responsibilities include:
• Taking first reports of new claim losses over the phone.
• Processing 1st party property damage claims. This entails reviewing estimates and damage appraisals, policy language, preparing appropriate claims correspondence, and communicating coverage decisions to insurance customers.
• Coordinating & dispatching salvage and towing assistance for insureds.
• Reviewing file documents and notes to determine claim status upon telephone inquiries from customers. Delivering the status update to the insured and properly documenting actions taken.
• Assisting with various claims related projects in between calls and file handling.
• Associate’s Degree or two years of college.
• Customer service phone experience, preferably in a call center.
• Computer and typing proficiency.
• Highly organized.
• Proven ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously.
• Proven ability to talk and type.
• Proven history of excellent business communication skills, including active listening.
• Strong attention to details.
• Boating Experience.
• Prior insurance and / or claims adjusting experience.
• Reliable team player.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Mechanical knowledge.
The Claims Department operates from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Sunday. The available shifts are:
• Sunday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (2 p.m. to 11 p.m. day to be determined)
• Sunday through Thursday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. (2 p.m. to 11 p.m. day to be determined)
• Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (2 p.m. to 11 p.m. day to be determined)
• Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (2 p.m. to 11 p.m. day to be determined)
• Tuesday through Saturday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. (2 p.m. to 11 p.m. day to be determined)
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation days, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRAndrew@BoatUS.com your resume, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.