Government Affairs Intern
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Government Affairs Intern for our Headquarters Office in Springfield, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Learning boating policy issues and public policy process.
• Research projects as assigned.
• Monitor federal register, congressional record and other news sources for boating related material.
• Update government affairs web pages.
• Attend and report on hearings and briefings of interest to boaters.
• Undergraduate Student.
• Political Sciences/Public Policies/Government Major.
• Strong written communications skills.
• Basic computer/web skills.
• Research skills.
• Campaign experience.
• Ability to work independently and with small team.
• Post graduate okay as well.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRAndrew@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.