Management Development Program
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- Customer Service
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S. is looking for future business leaders for our Management Development Program to start their career in Springfield, Virginia or Jacksonville, Florida. The 1.5 year management training program will develop future business leaders to help us continue on our path of steady growth, profitability and success. As a management development candidate within one of our business units, you will learn all about what makes BoatU.S. the premier organization for boaters with over half a million Members.
In our Management Development Program, you will:
• Become a top performing supervisor that will help lead a diverse, growing team of associates
• Interact with all levels of management
• Associates in the Management Development Program earn a competitive annual salary commensurate with the office location
Master the program through leadership courses and mentoring by:
• Participating in industry-leading training in insurance
• Working on real life business projects and make meaningful contributions
• Leading and developing a team through our supervisor preparation curriculum and development seminars
Ideal candidates would possess:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or a related field
• At least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
• Demonstrated leadership experience at work, on campus, and/or within the community with highly effective communication and presentation skills
• Solid computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills
As part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, BoatU.S. offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States.
Our employees’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
About the Location:
The Management Development Program is seeking candidates for our offices in Springfield, Virginia and Jacksonville, Florida.
Our Springfield location is minutes from historic Alexandria, Virginia and a short drive from our nation’s capital. Spend your weekends discovering great museums, or catching a show in downtown Washington D.C.
Known for sunny beaches and the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team, Jacksonville is a growing city full of opportunity. Learn more about why you should call Jacksonville home!
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter and college transcripts (official or unofficial, including transfer credits), preferable as Word.doc files or PDF to MDP@BoatUS.com. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from the past five years, along with any rewards or recognitions.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.