Marine Claims Field Inspector
- Florida Service Center - Jacksonville, FL
- Full Time
6255 Lake Gray BoulevardSuite 4
Jacksonville, FL 32244
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is seeking Marine Claims Field Inspector!
Marine industry professional/Boat Mechanic/Repairer, Military Mechanics: Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard; this is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills to a new civilian career!
No military experience? No problem! We have found success training individuals from a variety of mechanical backgrounds including: Marine * Automotive* Diesel* Aircraft*
NJ regional/New England regional/Great Lakes regional/Houston regional/Miami, FL regional/Melbourne, FL regional
The position will include travel for daily assignments within the geographic region of hire and will be home-based. Occasional extended travel may be required in certain circumstances.
• Complete field inspections of boats to determine and document the cause, nature and extent of loss related damages
• Provide written reports with photos and a damage appraisal documenting the cost of repairs to in-house adjusting staff
• Assist our training team to further develop technical training for our in-house adjusting staff
• Assist with other ongoing company and department initiatives related to marine industry skills and experience
• Minimum Education of High School Diploma or equivalent
• Prior repair and/or estimating experience
• Ability to communicate professionally in person and by phone with insureds, claimants and repairers
• Ability to independently drive to and from inspection sites, safely board and disembark vessels on land or in the water
• Ability to resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution
• Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and with remote supervision, strong organization, priority setting and multitasking skills
• Ability to document files in clear and concise manner
• Computer and typing proficiency, excellent customer service skills
• Already have or be able to obtain and maintain independent adjusters license
• College Degree
• Prior Marine Insurance Claims experience
• Prior marine specific repair and/or estimating
How to Apply:
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email FieldTech@BoatUS.com your resume, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.
BoatU.S. is an equal opportunity employer. BoatU.S. conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.