- Annapolis Professional Center - Annapolis, MD
- Full Time
147 Old Solomons Island Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
Job Duties & Responsibilities
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Boater Training Project Administrator at our Foundation in Annapolis, MD. Typical days and hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:00. The roll will require some weekend and evening work with up to 50% travel.
The responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating logistics for on-water training events across the country, including host site and instructor selection, boats, ticket sales and customer service.
• Scheduling shipping and travel for event materials and personnel.
• Writing clear and error-free content for Foundation newsletters, event collateral.
• Creating new and editing existing content for use on websites and social platforms.
• Providing exceptional customer service via email and phone.
• Contributing creative ideas and supporting other Foundation programs.
• Entry level experience in boating industry and/or event management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent project management experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Fast learner who is comfortable with technology and can learn new systems quickly.
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Exceptional problem solving skills.
• Strong boating experience and knowledge of contemporary boat types.
• Able to travel, including weekends.
• Able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, multi-tasking.
• Excellent phone/email/in-person customer service skills.
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Experience with HTML, Salesforce, Trello, or TicketSpice.
• Coast Guard OUPV license (6-pack) or better.
• Teaching/education experience.
• Photography/video experience.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRAndrew@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.