Quality Assurance Specialist
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Quality Assurance Specialist for our Headquarters Office in Alexandra, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and 9:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Review various documents to understand testing requirements, develop test case scenarios
• Identify test data needs and work with team to ensure data is available during testing
• Maintain accurate test case repositories
• Report defects found in testing promptly and accurately
• Communicate test status proactively to BA and be able to clearly communicate issues during meetings
• Take on other projects as needed by the Department, including Production Support (on-call)
• Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years in a testing role
• Knowledge of SQL/SQL Queries
• Experience writing test cases
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Experience organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• 1 or more years’ experience as QA tester
• Experience with automated testing
• Knowledge of Java, Jenkins, Selenium, Maven
• Insurance and Claims experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com, your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.