Government Affairs Program Coordinator
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Government Affairs Program Coordinator at our Springfield, Virginia location. Government Affairs works to ensure that boating remains an affordable, available recreation for our Members and the nation’s boaters by reducing “hassle factors” and assuring future regulations and government policies are boating-friendly.
This is an entry-level position and the schedule is Monday through Friday with a flexible start time.
• Monitoring, reporting and lobbying regarding state boating issues
• Creating external and internal communications on the Government Affairs mission
• Responding to member and internal Government Affairs inquiries
• Attending hearings, briefings and other external meetings
• Providing general support of Government Affairs functions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Political/analytical skills
• Research skills
• Computer/web skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Boating experience
• Political Science, Public Policy, Communications or Journalism Major
• Social media communications experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information, visit us at BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.