Corporate Trainer: Instructional Design
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Training & Development
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a junior to mid-level Corporate Trainer – Instructional Design for our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, with a flexible start time (8 to 9 a.m.), with occasional late training as needed and occasional travel to Florida and California.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Research, deliver, and develop trainings and materials (Instructor lead and eLearnings)
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
• Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Utilize a variety of training methodologies and concepts for maximum impact
• Bachelor’s Degree with two to four years’ experience:
o In Instructional design with instructional technology
o As a corporate/company trainer
o Training and planning lessons and curriculums
o Working in a performance based environment
o With course development software, with at least one year working with a Learning Management System
• MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or business
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
• Sales Management Experience
• Cornerstone experience (1 year)
• Call Center Management experience
• Customer Service Management experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information, visit us at BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.