Employment Relations Professional
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Job Duties & Responsibilities
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is hiring an Employee Relations professional to support a company of approximately 700 employees. This position will be based in Alexandria, VA and will be part of a growing HR team.
This position requires 1 to 2 years of working with federal, state and local employment regulations including FMLA; ADA and other laws and regulations affecting the workplace. This position will work with and advise various levels of management and employees regarding HR policies and practices.
We are a full-service HR team. In addition to working employee relations, you will be responsible to assist with HR Generalist responsibilities and participate on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; HR or Business related degree preferred.
• 1 to 2 years employee relations experience
• Track record of using independent judgment in making assessments and recommendations
• Technical experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with managers and employees.
• General knowledge of benefit plans and underlying regulations.
The successful candidate will thrive on customer service, supporting employees and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Must accurately record time keeping
• Ability to communicate and interact with others both in person and/or telephone to conduct business
• Work under time pressure
• Work rapidly for long-periods to meet deadlines
• Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to travel policies and procedures
Major job activities and mental requirements:
• Work multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to perform under stress
• Reading & comprehension
• Problem solving
• Customer contact
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRMaureen@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.