- Florida Service Center - Jacksonville, FL
- Full Time
6255 Lake Gray BoulevardSuite 4
Jacksonville, FL 32244
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an SIU Investigator for our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
The responsibilities will include:
• Direct outside SIU Independent Investigators in the proper and prompt resolutions of questionable claims
• Manage the development of evidence to support investigations and recommend appropriate courses of action
• Coordinate training for regional associates in the prevention and detection of internal and external fraud
• Act as liaison to State Fraud Bureaus, NICB and other law enforcement agencies
• Use available company and industry data from all sources for the detection of suspected or actual fraud
• Provide management with appropriate reports related to SIU operational activities
• 5+ years in law enforcement, investigations or military
• Strong investigation background
• Strong computer and organizational skills
• High-level decision making skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Prior SIU experience
• Prior claims investigation experience (5+ years)
• 4-year degree
• FCLS or other industry designation
• Marine insurance experience
• Understanding of insurance terms/interpretation
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply:
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.