Windows System Administrator
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Windows System Administrator at our Alexandria, VA office. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM.
The responsibilities will include:
• Provide Primary Windows SA support to 10 physical and 8 virtual servers
• Provide primary application administration support for Dell Open Manage, SEMP, TrackIT, MDT, WSUS, WDS, PDQ Deploy and Virtual desktops
• Introduce BEX16, RDS, Hyper-V Replica, and SCCM as well as other services as required to advance services provided to Ibe Corporate IT infrastructure
• Provide solutions which automate, standardize, and streamline Help Desk desktop support services
• Act as principal Windows SA liaison between Help Desk and other technical services departments and teams
• 5 years of experience supporting Windows Desktops to include experience with Windows7
• 4 years of experience as a Windows SA supporting Windows based solution on a server
• Able to produce technical documentation
• Able to script in VBScript and/or Windows PowerShell
• Capable of producing MSI based automated installs
• 2 years of experience working with Window 2k12 Server and HyperV
• Familiar MS SQL 2014 and/or 2016
• Familiar with Windows 10
• Experience with MDT, WDS, WSUS, SCCM, RDS, Hyper-V Replica
• Experience with TrackIT, SEP,M, PDQ Deploy, BFX16
• UNIX (LINUX or Oracle) Experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.