Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I design my graphics on 2 lines?
- Please leave space in between lettering and notify us in the special instructions box at the bottom of the cart that you would like the lettering on two lines.
- May I order two boat names or two graphics as registration numbers?
- No, currently the registration numbers accepted by BoatUS graphics are those accepted by USCG. If we do see a graphic that is not a certified USCG number, we will not produce the pair and categorize it as a regular graphic. If you do need a second boat name, you will receive 50% off a duplicate.
- I need special changes done to my graphics (cuts, spacing, etc). How should I inform someone?
- In the special instructions box at the bottom of your cart, you may leave any information needed to make sure your graphic is perfect.
- When I'm ordering registration numbers, do I have to order a quantity of two?
- No, all boat registration number orders come as a pair. One order will include two registration numbers: one for each side of your boat.
- Where do I enter my BoatUS Member number to receive the discount?
- You will asked to verify your membership and information after reviewing your cart and clicking "continue".
- How long does it take to make my graphics?
- All orders are produced and shipped within two business days.
- What are the average sizes for boat lettering?
- The average lettering heights for most boat graphics orders are between 4" and 8". For Documented vessels, please check with the US Coast Guard
- I have my own design, can you use it?
- Yes. Fill out our custom design form and we will send you a quote.
- How do I know what the colors will look like?
- Do I want reflective vinyl?
- Yes! Consider selecting reflective vinyl if you would like your graphics to be seen in the dark - especially if you do a lot of night boating. Reflective vinyl “lights up” in the dark if a light is shined on it, while standard does not. Click for an example of reflective vinyl
- Will my graphics come in one piece or several pieces?
- All boat graphics with be in a one piece application unless specified in the Special Instructions section of your shopping cart.
- I ordered something years ago, do you still have the order on file?
- We have archives dating back to 2005.
- How do I add an accent mark or other special characters to my graphic?
- Copy (highlight and right click “copy”) one of the special characters then paste (right click “paste”) it into the text field on the designer form. NOTE: Not all fonts support special characters. If a character doesn't appear in the preview window, the font doesn't support it.
- I would like to take advantage of your discount, how do I become a BoatUS Member?
- You can join BoatUS by visiting www.BoatUS.com/join or by calling the Membership Department at 1-800-395-2628. You can also join at any West Marine store.
- I forgot my BoatUS Member number.
- Please click to look up your Member number..
- My BoatUS Member number won't work, what do I do?
- I live outside the United States; can you ship the graphics to me?
- Yes. Please call 800-937-3300 or email us to place your order.
- How much is shipping?
- We offer flat rate shipping:
$5.95 USPS Priority MailFor more information, visit our Shipping page
$7.95 FedEx Ground
$12.50 FedEx Second Day Air
$23.50 FedEx Next Day Air
- Which method of installation is the best?
- The Dry Method of installation is best. View all installation instructions.
- There were crinkles in the package when I received my graphics, can I still install it?
- Not to worry! With the rising temperatures, our application tape has been known for getting a bit wrinkled during shipping. This will not affect your vinyl graphic when applying to your boat. If you have any issues, it will be covered under out Oops Assurance Guarantee.
- How do I remove old graphics?
- View our installation page for removing and applying graphics.
- My graphic has bubbles in it after I apply, what do I do?
- The air bubbles (known as "pickling") are quite normal. Pop as many large bubbles as possible and the sun will do the rest! They should go away in just over a week. If you continue to have pickling or any other issues due to the installation, we would be happy to reissue another print of your graphic. Visit our Oops Guarantee page for more information or to submit an Oops claim.
- What happens if I mess up my order during installation?
- No need to worry, we offer a 30-day Oops Assurance Guarantee which is covered on every graphics order. Any letters or graphics damaged during installation, will be replaced and shipped free of charge.
- Can graphics be applied to other things besides my boat?
- Yes! All of our graphics stick to a wide range of materials and objects - as long as the surface area where the vinyl is being applied is smoooth and flat. NOTE: Vinyl will NOT stick to inflatable boats. A lettering stencil kit for your inflatable can be purchased at your local West Marine store.