Archived Trailer Guys Questions



Boat Trailering Guys,

Hi:I need to replace one of the bunk boards on my trailer 4x2..Should I purchase pressure treated,marine grade or purchase regular wood and use a sealer..And what's the difference in all of these different types of wood. Thanks


Answered on: 10/2008

I would suggest using pressure treated 2x4's, like what is used for decks. The wood is treated for exposure to the elements and is readily available at your local lumber yard. "Marine Grade" is a term that is typically associated with plywood and is not applicable to the useage that you are referring to. Using regular wood and sealing it is time consuming with the end result will not be as good as pressure treated lumber.

Boat Trailering Guys