Star Clipper Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: Open to legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. The sweepstakes begins at 12 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on April 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on April 30, 2015 ("the entry period".) One prize will be awarded during the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants will receive one entry for renewing their BoatUS Membership during the entry period and an additional entry if they renew their BoatUS Membership online at www.boatus.com/renew or www.boatusangler.com/renew during the entry period. Non-BoatUS Members will receive one entry in the Sweepstakes by sending an email to email@example.com with their first and last name, mailing address, phone number and email address. A maximum of two entries per entrant during the entry period. Subsequent entries are void. Incomplete entries are void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Star Clippers Americas, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or use of any prize won. The Sponsor, Star Clippers Americas, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents assume no responsibility for any interruption, deletion, direct line failures of any telephone network or any other computer, online, telephone or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur.
3. WINNER SELECTION/DEADLINE DATES: A random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries on or about May 5, 2015. A random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor whose decisions are final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
4. PRIZE: The winner will receive certificate for a 7-night Star Clippers cruise and a $2,000 Visa® Gift Card. To redeem certificate, winner must contact Star Clippers Americas and provide them with three sailing dates for sailings until April 30, 2016 and excluding holiday sailings. Star Clippers Americas, in their sole authority, will book winner in a category 3 outside double occupancy cabin on a space available basis. Space will be confirmed no earlier than 30 days prior to departure. The certificate has no cash value, is not transferable and if it is not used prior to April 30, 2016, it expires and has no further value. Winner is responsible for airfare, transfers and all applicable taxes, fee, port charges and gratuities. Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and is in no way sponsoring, endorsing, administering or associated with this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the entry period.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will receive notification of prize won within one (1) week after drawing. Winning entries will receive notification via a single e-mail or phone call. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, unless prohibited, a Publicity Release within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winners' names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Winners will also be listed on www.BoatUS.com.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years or age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Sponsor or their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, contractors working on the advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. The laws of the U.S govern this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is BoatUS. The address is 880 South Pickett Street Alexandria, Virginia 22304. Phone: 800-395-2628.