myBoatUS Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- 1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. The sweepstakes begins at 12 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on October 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on October 31, 2014 ("the entry period".) One prize will be awarded during the Sweepstakes.
- 2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants who register for the Member-Only website my.BoatUS.com will receive one entry. Entrants who have previously registered for my.BoatUS.com can click on "Enter Sweepstakes" on the left hand side of the website after logging in to my.BoatUS.com to receive an additional entry. Non BoatUS Members can enter the Sweepstakes by emailing their name, phone number, and mailing address to Membership@boatus.com. Only one entry per person per day will be entered into drawing. Subsequent entries are void.
By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or use of any prize won. The Sponsor, the BoatUS Membership Department, their respective affiliates, prize suppliers and their respective agencies and employees assume no responsibility for any interruption, deletion, direct line failures of any telephone network or any other computer, online, telephone or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur. Incomplete entries are void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
- 3. WINNER SELECTION/DEADLINE DATES: A random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible new entries that have been properly registered online on or about November 1, 2014. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor whose decisions are final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Entrants are limited to winning one prize per person/household.
- 4. PRIZE: The winner will receive a One-Year Premium Membership to Buoyweather.com.
- 5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will receive notification of prize won within one (1) week after drawing. Winning entries will receive notification via a single e-mail or phone call. Winners will also be listed under Sweepstakes Winners on the official entry page. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, unless prohibited, a Publicity Release, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winners' names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or use of any prize won.
Click here to view winners page.
- 6. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years or age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Sponsors or their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, contractors working on the advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. The laws of the U.S govern this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- 7. INTERNET: If for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- 8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is the BoatUS Membership Department. The address is 880 South Pickett Street Alexandria, Virginia 22304. Phone: 800-395-2628.