- Q: What is BoatUS?
A: BoatUS is an acronym for Boat Owners Association of The United Sates. BoatUS is a Membership association,
with over half a million Members, that has been providing savings, service and representation for recreational boat owners
nationwide since 1966. BoatUS is the nation's most powerful advocate for advancing the interests of boaters
and the single source to meet all boaters needs.
- Q: What services does a BoatUS Membership include?
A: Over 25 benefits and services including: Representation on Capitol Hill, the highest value of rewards points for shopping
at West Marine, On-the-water towing services ($50 included with basic Membership), Trailering Roadside Assistance ($50 included
with basic Membership), Marina Discounts (fuel, transient slips, repairs), BoatUS Magazine (6 issues included), Marine Insurance,
Boat Financing, and much more.
- Q: Does my BoatUS Membership entitle me to discounts?
Discounts at over 1000 boating and fishing businesses nationwide on products and services including fuel, transient slips,
Discounts while shopping for boating equipment: Earn 4% back or $10 for every $250 spent at West Marine.
Discounts on travel: Car rentals (Hertz, Avis, Budget) Hotel stays (Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn, Howard Johnson)
and Star Clippers Cruises.
Other discounts: savings on your Sprint cell phone bill, SPOT discounts, GEICO and more!
View a complete listing of discounts, here.
- Q: What is my BoatUS Membership number?
A: Visit this page to retrieve your Member number.
- Q: How do I join?
A: To join, call the Membership Department (800-395-2628), fill out the join application by clicking here,
or send in $24 (plus additional towing service if desired) to 880 S. Pickett St. Alexandria VA 22304.
- Q: How do I renew?
A: To renew, call the Membership Department (800-395-2628), fill out the renewal application by clicking here, or send your
renewal bill to 880 S. Pickett St. Alexandria, VA 22304.
- Q: What is a BoatUS eMember? How do I become one?
A: An eMember, is a BoatUS Member who chooses to receive all BoatUS correspondence ( BoatUS Magazine, renewals, etc.)
through their email, instead of through postal mail.
You will still receive a yearly Membership card and welcome/renewal kit in the mail.
You can sign up to be a BoatUS eMember by clicking here.
- Q: How do I add or upgrade my on the water towing service?
A: Visit the towing upgrade page or call the Membership Department at 800-395-2628. Remember, Membership and towing
expire concurrently. Please see the Towing FAQ's for more information.
- Q: I moved, I changed my phone number or I changed my email address. How can I update my account information online?
A: Visit our Update Your Information page.
- Q: When will I get my personalized BoatUS Membership cards?
A: A new set of cards will arrive in 10-15 business days after you join, renew, or upgrade your BoatUS Membership.
- Q: How can I print off a set of Membership cards?
A: Sign in to My.BoatUS.com and click on the Membership Info tab at the top.
You can also display your Membership card online by visiting the free smart phone boating app at www.BoatUS.com/app
- Q: I am a BoatUS Member, why can't I log in to My.BoatUS.com?
A: All BoatUS Members must first register for My.BoatUS.com, before attempting to log in for the first time. For
further assistance in creating a My.BoatUS.com account, please visit the help page.
- Q: How long does my BoatUS Membership last?
A: A BoatUS Membership is an annual Membership, not seasonal! i.e. If you join in March, your Membership is
valid until the last day of the following March.
- Q: Do I need a different Membership for each boat I own?
A: No, your Membership and towing services follow you on any boat you own, borrow, or charter. If you own more than
one boat, you do not need to register each boat with your Membership. They are automatically covered up to your towing
- Q: Can I have more than one name on my BoatUS Membership?
A: Yes, you can add the name of an immediate family member residing in the same household. A Membership card
will be sent in both names to the primary Member.
- Q: I own a boat with several other people, can we have a BoatUS Membership in the boat's name?
A: No, BoatUS Memberships are only issued in the boat owner's name, not a boat's name or a business name.
- Q: I am missing West Advantage Gold Rewards Certificates, what should I do? How many certificates have I earned?
A: West Marine tracks, prints and issues all West Advantage Gold Rewards Certificates. Please Call 1-800-BOATING and
choose option 3 to speak with the West Marine Customer Service team.
- Q: My question is not answered here, how can I get more information?
A: Call the Membership Department at 800-395-2628 Monday - Friday, 8am - 7pm, EST, or send us an email at