Kansas Boating Information
Registration Questions:(620) 672-5911
Boating Registration Website:http://ksoutdoors.com/Boating/Registering-Your-Boat
State Tax Department Website:http://www.ksrevenue.org/
Registration Grace Period (Days):60 days
Boat Sales & Use Tax Rate:6.15%
Credit For Tax Paid In Another State:Yes
State Decal Required For Documented Vessel:Yes
Boat Titles Issued:No
Notes:Local sales and use tax also apply. Sales between private individuals may be exempt from sales tax, review state registration and revenue departments' web sites for more information.
Boating Law Administrator(620) 672-0758
Maximum Speed Limit:Posted Speed Limit
Maximum Dimensions For Trailer:N/A' L x 8'6"W x 14' H
Maximum Overall Length with Vehicle & Trailer:65'
Minimum Weight Requiring Separate Trailer Brakes:N/A but vehicle must be able to stop the load within 40' at 20 MPH
Trailer Equipment Requirements:
Safety Chains:Yes
Brake Lights:Yes
Clearance Lights:Yes
License Light:Yes
Turn Signals:Yes
Breakaway Brakes:N/A
Two Trailers:Yes
Wide Trailer Permit Office:(785) 386-6501
NOTE:Trailers over 2,000 lbs need to be registered in the State of Kansas.
For specific questions about boating issues or BoatUS Government Affairs, please e-mail the department at GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com

Kansas Boating Alerts:

E15 now at Pumps in Kansas - Buyer Beware

Testing by the DOE has indicated that higher blends of ethanol such as E15 can cause engine failure in marine engines and currently Kansas sells E15 at the same roadside gas pumps where you may fuel your trailer boat. E15, or gasoline with 15% corn-ethanol may also be enticing because it is commonly the lowest-priced fuel at the pump. Please make sure to take a good, long look at the pump before selecting fuel for your boat. Currently there is no marine engine warrantied to run on any gasoline fuel containing over 10% ethanol.