|Registration Questions:||(916) 657-8013|
|Boating Registration Website:||http://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm|
|State Tax Department Website:||http://www.boe.ca.gov/|
|Registration Grace Period (Days):||120 days|
|Boat Sales & Use Tax Rate:||8.25%|
|Credit For Tax Paid In Another State:||Yes|
|State Decal Required For Documented Vessel:||No|
|Boat Titles Issued:||Yes|
Local Sales and Use Tax also apply
Refund of tax paid on gasoline used in boats while more than 3 miles from shore or on waters located on private property. Visit http://www.sco.ca.gov/ardtax_gastax_faq_gen.html#sect2668 for additional information.
- 9/13/2013 SB 436 has passed but with important changes. Click here to learn more.
- 9/11/2013 SB 426 takes boater tax dollars for non-boating purposes. Ask you state represenatives to vote "NO" on the bill.
- 5/31/2012 - Sponsor of SB 623 withdraws bill regarding copper anti-fouling paint
- 5/23/2012 - "Little Hoover" Commission recommends consolidation of Cal Boating, legislature has 60 days to reject
- 5/4/2012 - Contact the "Little Hoover" Commission, Governor Brown and your legislators about the reorganization of Cal Boating
2011 California Boating Issue Archive
- 6/2/2011 - California State Senate passes legislation to ban antifouling paint containing copper
- 5/26/2011 - Legislation to ban copper antifouling paint progresses
- 5/3/2011 - California State Senate Committee Passes Ban on Copper Antifouling Paint
- 4/29/2011 - California State Senate Committee to Consider Ban on Copper Antifouling Paint
- 4/7/2011 - New Life Jacket Rule at Pine Flat Lake