|Registration Questions:||(907) 463-2297|
|Boating Registration Website:||http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/reg/boat.htm|
|State Tax Department Website:||http://www.revenue.state.ak.us/|
|Registration Grace Period (Days):||90 Days|
|Boat Sales & Use Tax Rate:||0%|
|Credit For Tax Paid In Another State:||No|
|State Decal Required For Documented Vessel:||No|
|Boat Titles Issued:||No|
|State gas tax to boating programs:||No|
Refund for Highway/Road Fuel Taxes Paid on Marine Fuel:
There is a $0.05 tax on marine gasoline, and a $0.08 tax on highway gasoline. The $0.03 per-gallon difference can be refunded if one purchases highway fuel for use in a boat. All original purchase invoices must be attached to the refund claim.
For more information, call the motor fuel division office at (907)465-4661, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the refund form directly, go to www.tax.alaska.gov/programs/programs/forms/index.aspx?60210 and then click on the "Claim Refund" form.
- Registered boats: 47,534
- Numbering: Undocumented boats equipped with propulsion machinery. Non powered boats if requested.
- Square Miles of Inland Water: 86,050
- Launch Ramps: 161 - BoatUS Ramp Locator
- For more information: (907)269-8705
- Website: http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/boating
- Contacts: www.BoatUS.com/states/contact.asp