BoatUS Boating Crossword Puzzle Help
Starting Hint: You may have to click on the grid before entering the very first letter.
Puzzle Grid MovementUsing the keyboard:
- The Arrow keys on your keyboard are the primary movement keys for moving through adjacent cells. Word direction (Across or Down) is switched automatically based on the direction of motion.
- Tab and Shift-Tab keys move one word at a time forward and backward respectively in the current direction.
- Enter/Return key moves to the next word in the current direction.
Using the mouse:
- Click and drag in the Across or Down direction (at least one cell over in that direction) to select a word for entry in the corresponding direction.
- Clicking on a single cell without dragging will use the current direction.
- Click on any clue in the clue list to select the corresponding word.
- The arrow keys on your keyboard will automatically switch the direction when you move in the direction you wish to go.
- You can use right mouse button (when available) or Shift/Ctrl keys in conjunction with any mouse button to switch directions.
Clue List Scrolling
The clue lists scroll automatically and display both the current and crossing clues as you move on the puzzle grid.
To browse the clue lists explicitly:
- Click on the arrow keys next to the clue lists for quickly scrolling a clue-list a "page" at a time.>
- Click on top of any clue on the clue list and drag up or down with the mouse for smaller amounts of scrolling.
Solution Checking and Revealing
- Clicking on Check (icon at the bottom left corner) will check all letters and mark the incorrect ones only. It will not reveal any answers. Note: Subsequent reediting of cells marked as incorrect will have a black mark in the top right corner to remind you that it was checked earlier.
- Clicking on Reveal (icon
at the bottom left corner) will reveal a single letter, a word or
the complete solution. Use the selection box below the icon to specify
whether you wish to reveal a letter, a word or the entire solution.
Note: The command will mark the incorrect ones or unfilled squares with a red mark in the top right corner to remind you that it was revealed to be the correct answer.
Printing From the Web
If your web browser does not support Java which is required for the interactive crossword, you can print the crossword for solving on paper. Click on the Printable Puzzle link on the main crossword page to make the web browser display an image of the puzzle to be solved. Click on the Print button on the web browser when this image is displayed to print the image on your printer.