880 South Pickett Street
Alexandria VA 22304 (703) 823-9550x3200
147 Old Solomons Island Road,
Annapolis MD 21401
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Boaters: Why Not Help Yourself at Donation Time?
Top 10 Reasons to Give to the BoatU.S. Foundation
ALEXANDRIA, Va., November 30, 2009 - It is the end of the year, which means scores of non-profit organizations across the country are seeking to get your tax-deductible donation by December 31. However, there is only one way boaters can give back and help themselves at the same time -- by making a donation to the BoatU.S. Foundation for Boating Safety and Clean Water. The non-profit 501(c)(3) Foundation needs your support for critical boating safety and clean water programs. Here are 10 reasons why you should consider a tax-deductible donation to the Foundation before December 31:
1. Each year, the Foundation puts over 90,000 kids in life jackets with the Kids Life Jacket Loaner program, saving three youngsters lives to date.
2. The Foundation educates over 60,000 boaters a year in the comfort of their own home through the free online boating safety course.
3. It has tested hundreds of safety and environmental boating products and shared the results in Foundation Findings, an ongoing series of comprehensive reports.
4. The EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) rental program for offshore passagemakers has saved 62 lives.
5. Foundation staff and volunteers have assembled and delivered over 1000 monofilament fishing line recycling bins, keeping fishing line out of our waters.
6. Over $1 million has been distributed to deserving groups through the grassroots boating safety and clean water grant programs.
7. The non-profit is helping over 1,500 marinas across the nation keep small fuel spills -- which add up over time -- out of the water with the Help Stop the Drops clean refueling campaign.
8. Because the Foundation works with organizations such as the Coast Guard, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the National Safe Boating Council to develop standards and best practices for safe boating on a national level.
9. Innovative and fun ways to educate boaters are being developed with free, online interactive games you can play any time of day.
10. The primary beneficiaries for all of the good work the Foundation does are boaters like you.
You can make a donation online at www.BoatUS.com/Foundation/donate.htm , or via postal service: BoatU.S. Foundation, 880 South Pickett St., Alexandria, VA, 22304.
The BoatU.S. Foundation for Boating Safety and Clean Water is an innovative leader promoting safe, clean and responsible boating. It provides educational outreach directly to boaters with the aim of reducing accidents and fatalities, increasing stewardship of Americas waterways and keeping boating safe for all. The 501(c)(3) nonprofit was founded in 1981 and is funded primarily by the half million members of BoatU.S.
|Promoting Safe, Smart and Clean Boating for Over 20 Years.|
|Visit us at www.boatus.com/foundation|