Environmental Leadership Award
The BoatU.S. Foundation strives to educate boaters how to enjoy boating in a sustainable manner and to become better stewards of the areas where they boat. Being a national organization, The Foundation has a long history of working with local partners throughout the country to help bring our safety and environmental messages directly to boaters. The Environmental Leadership Award aims to recognize a program, group, organization, marina, company or individual that has made a significant impact advancing clean boating and educating boaters about how they can minimize their environmental impacts.
For this award we are asking members, boaters, marinas, volunteers and anyone who has seen exemplary environmental initiatives from the boating community to nominate the individuals or groups for this award.View past award winners and commendations »
Nominees must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Nominee has made a significant positive impact on the environment.
- Nominee has contributed towards solving an environmentally challenging aspect of boating or boat maintenance, either for boaters or marinas.
- Nominee has helped others understand the importance of clean boating.
- Nominee has enthusiastically promoted clean boating and engaged others in their efforts.
All nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
- Susan Shingledecker
- BoatU.S. Foundation
- 147 Old Solomon’s Island Rd
- Annapolis, MD 21401
The award winner will receive $1000 in financial compensation, goods or services to continue their work promoting environmentally-responsible boating along with a recognition plaque.
Further Questions should be directed to:Susan Shingledecker
Environmental Program Manager
BoatU.S. Foundation for Boating Safety and Clean Water
147 Old Solomon’s Island Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
(703) 461-2878 x8358
The winner will be announced in the Spring of 2011.
Terms and Conditions:
- The BoatU.S. Foundation’s selection of an award winner as a result of the competition does not constitute Organizers’ endorsement of the organization, products or services.
- Employees or agents of BoatU.S., BoatU.S. Foundation, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state or local taxes, tariffs or import duty fees and must provide social security or federal tax ID number as a condition of receiving the prize.
- All judges’ decisions are final.