IT Security Specialist
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an IT Security Specialist at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
This position monitors security tools, system logs and other available resources to ensure that security controls comply with corporate security policies, certification requirements and industry best practices. As an IT Security Specialist this position will create periodic security status reports, interact with risk analysis teams, notify management of deficiencies and track ongoing correction activities.
The responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring of network security tools. These tools include:
• Security information and Event Management Manager (SIEM)
• Network monitoring and response services
• Email, Web and Endpoint spam, virus and content filtering
• Remote access logging and notification
• Privileged activity detection
• Network and Web Application Firewalls
• Notification, follow up and documentation in response to recognized security events
• Report issues to management and to associated system engineers for correction
• Document issues and follow-up activities for review by management and auditors
• Tune notification systems to reduce false positives and ensure expedient response to critical events
• Identify, track and remediate vulnerabilities identified by risk analysis teams or by Security tools
• Ensure that all servers and devices report to and are configured in SIEM and network management tools
• Run security tools against pre-production applications to certify their readiness before going live
• Execute and manage periodic account, device and system reviews to ensure that settings meet policy requirements
• Undergraduate degree in an IT field and/or relevant work experience
• 1+ years of experience in IT security
• 3+ years network admin experience
• Industry certifications (Security+, CISSP, CompTIA, etc.) highly preferred
• Strong knowledge of IT security principles
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP and the use of SNMP and SYSLOG for the delivery of statistical and event data
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft server, directory and networking technologies
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
• Functional knowledge of firewalls, routers and network appliances
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Fundamental knowledge of UNIX/LINUX/Solaris, Relational databases
• Experience managing projects and associated resources
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@Boatus.com your cover letter detailing your boating experience and your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.