- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Boat America Corporation is a Berkshire Hathaway company that provides insurance and other services to the over half-million members of Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) and Seaworthy Insurance Company. Please visit our web site at www.BoatUS.com or www.SeaworthyInsurance.com for more information about us.
We are currently interviewing for a Data Analyst. The primary focus for this position will be interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports; developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality; acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems. The Data Analyst responsibilities also include, identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets; filtering and “cleaning” data, and reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems. Job functions also include, working closely with management to prioritize business and information needs as well as being able to locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and programming
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar field of study
• Knowledge of insurance
• Knowledge of boating
Come join a growing company with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people that will keep you motivated. We are committed to an environment that will challenge and help grow your career. BoatU.S. offers a competitive benefits package and generous 401(K) match.
Apply online at: www.BoatUS.com/Employment
Or submit your resume with salary requirement to:
BoatU.S. Human Resources
MAIL: 880 S. Pickett Street, Alexandria, VA 22304
No Relocation assistance will be provided
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer