- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Boat America Corporation is a Berkshire Hathaway company that provides insurance and other services to the over half-million members of Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) and Seaworthy Insurance Company. Please visit our web site at www.BoatUS.com or www.SeaworthyInsurance.com for more information about us.
Seaworthy Insurance is currently seeking a dynamic, highly self-motivated Insurance Underwriter to develop and grow exceptional business relationships with Marine Insurance agents and brokers.
* Perform underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote Marine Insurance risks.
* Build and maintain agency and broker relationship through strategic marketing including marine industry events.
* Provide outstanding customer service to agents and brokers ensuring timely policy service.
* Day-to-day management of underwriting submission activity.
* Ensure underwriting quality on Marine Insurance Risks.
* Focus on underwriting, growth and retention of new and renewal business that is consistent with business strategies.
* Use of SimpleSolve underwriting program in underwriting risks and developing appropriate premiums.
* Agency visits to establish and grow relationships including presence at industry events, including overnight travel.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet and other spreadsheet applications and programs.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and written.
* Must have strong analytical, decision making, problem-solving, presentation and teamwork skills.
* Prior underwriting and marketing experience with independent agents and brokers.
• Marine Insurance underwriting experience
• Active Boater
Come join a growing company with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people that will keep you motivated. We are committed to an environment that will challenge and help grow your career. Boat American Corporation offers a competitive benefits package and generous 401(k) match.
Apply online at www.BoatUS.com/Employment
Or submit your resume with salary requirements to:
Boat America Corporation – Human Resources
MAIL: 880 S. Pickett Street, Alexandria, VA 22304
No Relocation assistance will be provided
Boat America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer