Quality Control Specialist
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Boat America Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Seaworthy Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) Visit our web sites at www.SeaworthyInsurance.com or www.BoatUS.com for more information about us.
We are searching for a Quality Control Specialist to join our team at our Alexandria, VA Headquarters. The talented individual will be responsible for performing both routine and annual audits of claim files, as well as monitoring customer service interactions and other operational activities within the organization. The Quality Control Specialist will present findings and make recommendations regarding these findings. Although this position will reside in the Special Investigations Unit and report directly to the Special Investigations Unit Director, the Quality Control Specialist will work closely with the Senior VP of Claims and the staff of the Claims Department. The auditor will be expected to establish and maintain good professional relationships with all levels of employees up to and including the most senior executives.
• Completes routine audits on marine insurance claims to determine accuracy and compliance with service standards in an efficient and timely manner.
• Performs a formal annual audit of each claims program.
• Make recommendations for improvement to senior management based on audit findings.
• Document and make recommendations for revisions of policies and procedures.
• Assists with development and presentation of training materials.
• Provides timely communication with appropriate management when audits are completed.
• Conducts customer service quality audits to evaluate timeliness and quality of customer interactions.
• Identifies and analyzes loss trends to assist in the development of improved quality claim resolution strategies.
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of controls.
• Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• 3+ years experience directly related to job responsibilities
• Previous internal audit, claim adjustment and/or business process review
• Ability to use computers and related software programs. Experience in the use of MS Office Suite or equivalent to include word processing, email, calendar, spreadsheet, database or presentation software programs.
• Ability to compose clear, concise complete and accurate audit reports, work papers and correspondence including the findings from specifically compiled raw data.
• Ability to compose, review, illustrates, edit and maintain files, documents, materials and reports.
• Ability to identify research and objectively analyze problems from multiple perspectives, to reach sound conclusions to make appropriate decisions and recommendation.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others to develop and implement solutions that achieve mutually desired results.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effect collaborative alliances and promote teamwork