Marine Insurance Underwriter
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Seaworthy Insurance is currently seeking a dynamic, highly self-motivated Marine Insurance Underwriter to develop and grow exceptional business relationships with Marine Insurance agents and brokers.
* Perform underwriting analysis based on risk complexity to accept, decline, modify, rate and quote Marine Insurance risks.
* Build and maintain agency and broker relationship through strategic marketing including marine industry events.
* Provide outstanding customer service to agents and brokers ensuring timely policy service.
* Day-to-day management of underwriting submission activity.
* Ensure underwriting quality on Marine Insurance Risks.
* Focus on underwriting, growth and retention of new and renewal business that is consistent with business strategies.
* Use of SimpleSolve underwriting program in underwriting risks and developing appropriate premiums.
* Agency visits to establish and grow relationships including presence at industry events, including overnight travel.
* The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years progressively complex underwriting experience preferably in Marine Insurance Underwriting.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet and other spreadsheet applications and programs.
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and written.
* Must have strong analytical, decision making, problem-solving, presentation and teamwork skills.
* Prior underwriting and marketing experience with independent agents and brokers.
• Marine Insurance underwriting experience
• Active Boater