Customer Service Representative HQ
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Customer Service
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Boat America Corporation is a Berkshire Hathaway company that provides insurance and other services to the over half-million members of Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) and Seaworthy Insurance Company. Please visit our web site at www.BoatUS.com or www.SeaworthyInsurance.com for more information about us.
Currently, we are interviewing for a Customer Service Representative for our Alexandria office. The primary focus will be 60% Insurance and Membership Sales, 25% Processing Customer Service Requests 10% Taking first reports for Claims and 5% Other Duties as Assigned. The Customer Service Representative will handle a high volume of incoming phone calls, process customer's requests, sell insurance policies, input customer's first report of claims, and assist with any information about BoatU.S.
The Customer Service Representative will work from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday - Friday, some Saturdays required.
Required Qualifications include:
• Prior Customer Service experience - preferably in a Call Center environment
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Excellent data entry skills with high accuracy level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills (listen & type at the same time)
• Ability to maintain positive & professional demeanor at all times
• Must be goal oriented, dependable and reliable
• Must have or be able to obtain Property & Casualty License
• Must have High School Degree or Equivalent
Desired Qualifications include:
• Sales driven
• Bi lingual
Come join a growing company with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people that will keep you motivated. We are committed to an environment that will challenge and help grow your career. Boat America Corporation offers a competitive benefits package and generous 401(K) match.