Facilities Building Assistant
- Florida Service Center - Jacksonville, FL
- Full Time
6255 Lake Gray BoulevardSuite #4
Jacksonville, FL 32244
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Facilities Building Assistant for our Jacksonville, FL office. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 12:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. with some overtime as needed. Annualized salary of $30,000 - $35,000 ($14.42 - $16.83) – depending on experience.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Handle the bulk of unscheduled maintenance and service calls
• Attend to planned maintenance and service tasks
• Assist with emergency calls and after hour tasks
• Assist with all other Facility related tasks as directed
• Basic plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and repair skills (handyman type of work)
• Communication & Comprehension skills
• Ability to climb a ladder up to 12’H
• Basic Computer skills
• Excellent Customer Service skills and a professional demeanor
• Trustworthy attitude
• Ability to Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Willing to travel and work in inclement weather
• Availability during the weekends, holidays, and before/after your scheduled hours
• Prior Building Maintenance Experience Helpful
• Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJeff@Boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.