Mobile App Developer II
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Programming
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Mobile App Developer II at our Headquarters in Springfield, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 7 AM – 6 PM.
• Write, maintain & support Android applications
• Coordinate with team & communicate status
• Analyze specifications and develop requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ Years prior enterprise level Mobile Application Development experience
• Proficient with Kotlin or Java
• RESTful API Development and app integration
• Understanding of Google’s design principles and interface guidelines
• Experience with versioning tools such as Git
• Understanding of software engineering principles
• Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Experience with threading and performance tuning
• Familiarity with Cloud Messaging Frameworks like Firebase
• C/C++ or .NET experience
• Object-oriented programming and design patterns
• Experience with Scrum and the Agile SDLC
• UX/UI Design experience
• Unit testing and continuous integration
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJeff@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.