Public Affairs Intern
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Public Affairs/Relations
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Public Affairs Intern for our Headquarters in Springfield, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Non-media List Creation: researching online, making phone calls, emails, contacting local and national boating-related businesses and organizations including boat and yacht clubs, harbormasters, and fishing groups to get a staff / leadership/ influencer / club newsletter editor / customer service contact information. Gain minimum of 1600 new / updated contacts.
• Updating the Widen photo library- uploading, tagging and organization.
• Excellent telephone skills with ability to research and add new non-media contacts for sending BoatU.S. Public Affairs press releases.
• Writing skills to compose email communications to request contact information.
• Tireless researcher, perseverance and willingness to keep digging / data mining.
• Can work independently.
• Proficiency with Excel.
• Knowledge of the boating industry.
• Knowledge of boat operation.
• Public Relations / marketing experience.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRAndrew@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.