iOS Developer II
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an iOS Developer II at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, will a flexible start time 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
The responsibilities will include:
• Write, maintain & support iOS applications
• Coordinate with team & communicate status
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ Years in prior Mobile App Development experience
• Proficient with Swift or Objective C
• RESTful API Development & app integration
• Familiarity with push notifications & Cloud Messaging Frameworks such as Firebase
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
• Experience with versioning tools such as Git
• Understanding of software engineering principles
• Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
• Experience with threading & performance tuning
• Extensive experience working with memory & performance tuning tools
• C/C++, Java or .NET Experience
• Object-oriented programming & design patterns
• Experience with Scrum & the Agile SDLC
• UX/UI design experience
• Unit testing & continuous integration
• Knowledge of SQL & familiarity with Oracle or SQL Server databases
• Insurance or Association background
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.