- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Business Analyst for our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shifts will be Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm, 8am – 5pm, or 9am – 6pm.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with business units to analyze and document business requirements.
• Recommend solutions in support of business needs and its overall IT strategies.
• Coordinate with QA team to design test plans.
• Review test cases and expected results.
• Present testing results and obtain a sign off from the users.
• Develop and conduct analyses using various queries and / or other tools as needed.
• Monitor quality of production systems.
• Troubleshoot / resolve production related issues post deployment.
• Ability to communicate technical information to a non–technical audience (verbal and written).
• Ability to communicate business information to a technical audience (verbal and written).
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• College degree or 2+ years’ experience as BA or QA.
• Ability to think critically.
• Prior experience as a business analyst.
• SQL knowledge.
• CBAP designation.
• Technical experience with databases.
• Some programing exposure.
• Insurance knowledge.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.