Corporate Trainer: Instructional Design
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Training & Development
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Corporate Trainer – Instructional Design for our Headquarters Office in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM with occasional late training as needed (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM), and occasional travel to Florida and California.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Research, deliver, and develop trainings and materials (Instructor lead and eLearnings)
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
• Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Utilize a variety of training methodologies and concepts for maximum impact
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 years working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
• 2 years training experience, and lesson and curriculum planning skills
• 2 years working in performance based environment
• 2 years of solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
• 2 years experience as corporate/company trainer
• MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or business
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
• Sales Management Experience
• Cornerstone experience (1 year)
• Call Center Management experience
• Customer Service Management experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.