- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Training & Development
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a junior to mid-level Instructional Designer to join our Training Development Team at our Alexandria, VA headquarters.
As an Instructional Designer, you’ll work with subject matter experts to design and develop training. You’ll create interactive videos and live, instructor and distance-learning based training with support materials such as job aids, self-study resources, facilitator/participant guides, and learner evaluation tools. And, you’ll work closely with various departments to ensure successful implementation and follow up of training modules and curriculums.
The shift will be Monday – Friday, with a flexible start time (8 to 9 a.m.), with occasional late training as needed and occasional travel to Florida and California.
The Responsibilities will include:
• Researching, delivering, and developing trainings and materials (Instructor lead and eLearnings)
• Meeting with appropriate parties to complete training needs assessments and task analysis
• Presenting ideas to stakeholders from various departments and soliciting/incorporating feedback to make necessary changes
• Building modules that can be trained individually and as a part of a larger curriculum.
• Identifying and creating methods for evaluating effectiveness of training materials and making appropriate changes
• Providing feedback and suggestions to the appropriate parties for improvement and remedial training where needed
Bachelor’s Degree with two to four years’ experience:
• Working In Instructional design and development
• Designing trainings for different levels of experience
• Using development tools/software (LMS, Captivate, storyline, Articulate)
• Developing for various training environments (classroom, virtual, eLearning)
• Leading projects and collaborating with team members in-house and via teleconference
• Applying instructional design methodologies (ADDIE, SAM)
• Working with tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
• MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or business
• Certification in Instructional Design
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
• Sales Management Experience
• Cornerstone experience (1 year)
• Call Center Management experience
• Customer Service Management experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information, visit us at BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.