Claims Field Inspector
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Claims Field Inspector. This is a full-time, remote position and includes daily travel in and around New Jersey and may require some weekend work.
• Complete field inspections of boats to determine and document the cause, nature and extent of loss related damages
• Complete damage appraisal documenting extent of damage and cost of loss related repairs
• Provide written reports with photos and damage appraisal to in-house adjusting staff
• Assist training team to further develop technical training for our in-house adjusting staff
• Assist with other ongoing company and department initiatives related to skills
• Prior boat repair and estimating experience
• Computer and typing proficiency, excellent customer service skills, ability to handle medium call volume
• Ability to independently drive to and from inspection sites, safely board and disembark vessels on land or in the water
• Ability to document files in clear and concise manner
• Ability to communicate professionally in person and by phone with insureds, claimants and repairers
• Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and with remote supervision, strong organization, priority setting and multitasking skills
• Ability to resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution
• Already have or be able to obtain and maintain independent adjusters license
• Minimum Education of High School Diploma
• College Degree
• Prior Marine Insurance Claims experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.