Actuarial and Strategic Analysis Intern
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for an Actuarial and Strategic Analysis Intern for our headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
The responsibilities will include:
• Work as a team with other interns to analyze key BoatUS/GMIC business question using Lean Six Sigma methodology and provide actionable recommendations to management.
• Work on an individual project to analyze and identify solutions to a key BoatUS/GMIC business question using Lean Six Sigma methodology and provide actionable recommendations to management
• Other duties as assigned, which may include but is not limited to, testing and working with data files in Excel, retrieving data through SQL Server, retrieving and working with data from third-party sources, developing competitive analysis, and researching current state legal and regulatory developments.
• Proficiency with personal computers and software such as Microsoft Office - especially Excel
• Ability to work well with others and collaboratively in a team
• Proficiency at analyzing data and displaying results graphically
• Ability to work with detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• College sophomore, junior or senior
• Major in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
• Microsoft SQL experience
• Insurance/actuarial knowledge
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRMaureen@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferably as a Word.doc or PDF.