Help Desk Technician
- Headquarters - Springfield, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Help Desk
5323 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Help Desk Technician at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The shift will be Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM & will be paid on an hourly basis.
The responsibilities will include:
• Provide Windows 7 Desktop support (troubleshoot OS & applications)
• Basic administration of Windows and UNIX User Accounts
• Help Desk phone call queue
• Hardware repairs to PCs and Laptops
• Configure & deploy computers via MDT
• Provide basic printer support
• 3 years’ experience support Windows Desktops
• 2 years’ experience providing phone based support
• Strong trouble shooting skills and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Must be able to carry at least 30 lbs
• A+ Certification
• Microsoft Windows 7 Certifications
• Basic Mac Support
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@boatus.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.