Assistant Claims Adjuster I
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Customer Service
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is interviewing for full-time Claims Adjuster Trainees to work at our headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
We are hiring for January 2018
Boaters and nonboaters are encouraged to apply!
Starting annualized salary is $40,000.
Pay increase to $42,500* after completing Company Certification
*Must meet attendance and Certification Requirements
(Typically six months after hire)
Future salary increases, promotions and career growth available based on attendance and performance.
The primary responsibilities include:
• Taking first reports of new claim losses over the phone.
• Processing first party property damage claims. This entails reviewing estimates and damage appraisals, policy language, preparing appropriate claims correspondence and communicating coverage decisions to insurance customers.
• Coordinating and dispatching salvage and towing assistance for insureds.
• Reviewing file documents and notes to determine claim status upon telephone inquiries from customers. Delivering the status update to the insured and properly documenting actions taken.
• Assisting with various claims-related projects in between calls and handling files.
• Associate’s Degree or two years of college
• Customer service phone experience, preferably in a call center.
• Highly organized with a proven ability to multi-task.
• Strong attention to details.
• Proven history of excellent business communication skills (including active listening & business correspondence).
• Boating knowledge
• Prior insurance and/or claims adjusting experience
• Property & Casualty Adjuster’s License
• Bilingual (Spanish – English)
The Claims Department operates from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Shifts may include evening hours or a Saturday or Sunday. Shifts are established based on the needs of the company and are assigned prior to the end of your training.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at Geicomarine.com or BoatUS.com.
Our employees’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation days, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRHolly@BoatUS.com your resume, preferably as a Word.doc or a PDF.