Assistant Claims Adjuster I
- Florida Service Center - Jacksonville, FL
- Full Time
- Customer Service
6255 Lake Gray BoulevardSuite 4
Jacksonville, FL 32244
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is interviewing for full-time Claims Adjuster Trainees to work at our Jacksonville, FL office.
Positions will start in January 2018
Boaters and Non Boaters are encouraged to apply!
Starting annualized salary is $38,000.
Pay increase to $40,000* after completing Company Certification
*Must meet attendance and Certification Requirements
(Typically 6 months after hire)
Future salary increases, promotions and career growth available based on attendance and performance.
The primary responsibilities include:
• Taking first reports of new claim losses over the phone
• Processing 1st party property damage claims. This entails reviewing estimates and damage appraisals, policy language, preparing appropriate claims correspondence, and communicating coverage decisions to insurance customers
• Coordinating & dispatching salvage and towing assistance for insureds
• Reviewing file documents and notes to determine claim status upon telephone inquiries from customers. Delivering the status update to the insured and properly documenting actions taken.
• Assisting with various claims related projects in between calls and file handling
• Associate’s Degree or two years of college
• Customer service phone experience, preferably in a call center
• Highly organized with a proven ability to multi-task
• Strong attention to details
• Proven history of excellent Business Communication Skills (including active listening & business correspondence)
• Boating knowledge
• Prior Insurance and/or Claims Adjusting Experience
• Property & Casualty Adjuster’s License
• Bilingual (Spanish – English)
The Claims Department operates from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Shifts may include evening hours or a Saturday or Sunday. Shifts are established based on the needs of the company and are assigned prior to the end of your training.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through GEICO Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRKari@BoatUS.com your resume, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.