Quality Assurance Specialist I
- Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- IT - Operations
880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist I to work at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. The hours will be Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
The responsibilities will include:
• Review documents to understand testing requirements, develop test case scenarios.
• Identify test data needs and work with teams to ensure data is available during testing.
• Maintain accurate test case repositories.
• Report defects found in testing promptly and accurately.
• Communicate status proactively to Business Analyst lead and be able to clearly communicate issues during meetings
• Take on other projects as needed by the department.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 or more years’ experience as a QA tester
• Knowledge of SQL/SQL Queries
• Experience writing test cases
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent organizational skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Experience with Automated Testing
• Insurance or Claims Experience
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Geico Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at www.Geicomarine.com or www.BoatUS.com.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance programs
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
How to Apply
You will need an active email address and phone number. Email HRJustin@BoatUS.com your resume and salary requirements, preferable as Word.doc files or PDF.